Avocado is a delicious highly nutritional food, full of good vegetable fat; it also contains some vegetable proteins, a high quantity of folic acid and a good quantity of vitamin E. Avocado is a healthy ingredient for your recipes but it contains lots of calories, therefore it’s better not to eat too large a quantity of it. I usually replace mayonnaise or butter with some avocado in various sandwiches…It goes really well with several kinds of fish and seafood, but it is also great with tomatoes, onions and green salads.
Today I am sharing a light “mayonnaise”, actually more a fake mayonnaise sauce or a kind of hummus, as it does not contain any oil or eggs but lots of avocado and lemon juice!
Wonderful with prawn, mackerel or egg sandwiches. It is also a great vegan sauce to use with lots of different vegetables…
Enjoy the recipe! X
Light avocado and garlic “mayonnaise”.
1 large avocado
1 clove of garlic
the juice of half a lemon
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
a few crystals of sea salt (here I am actually using Himalayan salt)
1. With a small mortar crush a tablespoon of sesame seeds with a few crystals of sea salt.
2. Using a mixer, blend the pulp of an avocado with the crushed sesame seeds and a clove of garlic until smooth (remember to remove the core of the garlic clove).
3. Add the juice of a lemon and blend until you get a creamy mixture.
Maionese light di avocado (aromatizzata all’aglio).
1 avocado grande
1 spicchio d’aglio (togliete l’anima)
il succo di mezzo limone
1 cucchiaio di semi di sesamo
alcuni cristalli di sale marino ( qui in realtà uso sale rosa dell’ Himalaya)
1. Frantumate in un piccolo mortaio un cucchiaio di semi di sesamo con alcuni cristalli di sale marino (bastano pochi minuti).
2. Utilizzando un mixer, amalgamate bene la polpa di un avocado con i semi di sesamo schiacciati e uno spicchio d’aglio.
3. Aggiungere il succo di un limone e frullate fino ad ottenere un composto molto cremoso.