Pasta al pomodoro is cheap, easy to make and absolutely delicious! There are several variations of this dish, made using different ingredients to personalise and flavour the sauce, but I personally prefer one of the simplest version made with fresh tomatoes.
Today I am going to show you the recipe I usually prepare at home. Basically, to make this delicious tomato sauce you’ll need just four ingredients: cherry tomatoes, garlic, fresh parsley and, of course, extra virgin olive oil. Try to use only the best quality ingredients in this recipe, it will be a little more expensive but I can assure you that it will make a huge difference in the end.
Tip. You can replace the garlic with a small chopped onion and the parsley with a handful of fresh basil leaves, for a more delicate flavour.
Pasta al pomodoro fresco.
For 4 servings
350 g thick spaghetti (but you can use any pasta you like)
500 g fresh and ripe cherry tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
a bunch of fresh parsley
5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
grated Parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash and dry the tomatoes, then cut them into small pieces. Leave in a strainer to drain.
2. Wash the parsley, remove the stem, then finely chop the leaves.
3. Cook the pasta al dente, following the instructions on the packaging, then drain and set aside.
4. Sauté the garlic with 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil for a minute or two. At soon at the garlic softens add the chopped tomatoes. Let shimmer for about 10 minutes, then add the chopped parsley with some salt and pepper.
5. Add the pasta to the sauce, sauté for only a couple of minutes and serve with plenty of grated parmesan (but it’s optional) on top.
Pasta al pomodoro fresco.
Per 4 persone
350 g di spaghetti grossi
500 g di pomodorini ciliegia maturi
3 spicchi d’aglio tritati grossolanamente
un mazzetto di prezzemolo fresco
5 cucchiai di olio extravergine d’oliva
parmigiano grattugiato q. b. (facoltativo)
sale e pepe
1. Lavate e asciugate i pomodori, poi tagliateli a pezzetti. Lasciate i pezzetti di pomodoro in un colino per far scolare l’acqua in eccesso.
2. Lavate il prezzemolo, tagliate i gambi e tritate finemente le foglie.
3. Preparate gli spaghetti molto al dente, poi scolate e mettete da parte.
4. Fate rosolare l’aglio in una padella grande, con 5 cucchiai di olio extra vergine di oliva, per un minuto o due. Quando l’aglio sarà ammorbidito, aggiungere i pomodori tritati. Fate cuocere per circa 10 minuti, quindi aggiungete il prezzemolo tritato con il sale e il pepe.
5. Mescolate la pasta al condimento, poi fate rosolare per un paio di minuti e servire con abbondante parmigiano grattugiato.
14 thoughts on “Pasta With Easy Fresh Tomato Sauce”
Delicious, especially this time of year.
Even better if you heat it up in a frying pan the day after, with a little olive oil…Give it a try! 😉
Thank you!! XX
Look awesome, and so easy too! I might try it this evening actually, although I’m gonna throw some pine nuts in for the hell of it :p
Thank you for stopping by! It’s so simple and delicious, you’ll love it! Try with pine nuts and a few black olives
Yummy! Simple – which means simply delicious!!
It really is! 😉 Have a wonderful weekend Susan! X
Reblogged this on sophiasramblings and commented:
Awesome recipe, this gave me the idea for my latest meal idea 🙂
I am glad that you like the recipe 🙂 It’s so easy and very tasty. Thank you so much for sharing X
“Superb!” That’s what my crew said after they feast on your Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce.
Thank you so much, Serene for this excellent recipe. Personally, I love it!!! It will be a regular in my menu, that’s for sure!!!
Nino, I am so glad that you like it!!!! These are the simple recipes that I love and I make regularly….I am really happy that you like it!! Thank you so much!!!