This recipe is so easy to make and so versatile! It can be served as a main meal with various vegetables, rice and lots of homemade sauces. You can be creative and modify the ingredients as you wish, for example using some cooked asparagus instead of rocket or simply a lot of parsley to flavour the dish. You can use some leftovers, if you have potatoes, vegetables or fish that blend well with the other ingredients…. Anyway, have some fun with it!
In this recipe I used frozen salmon fillets ; I defrosted the fish and drained it well before I started with the recipe method. I also used rocket leaves because they are very aromatic and they really go well with salmon. Rocket is usually eaten raw, but is also wonderful cooked! Try it! 😉
Salmon & Rocket Patties (oven baked).
for about 8-10 patties
2 salmon fillets, 200 g (skinless and boneless)
2 large floury potatoes
1 onion (or 2 spring onions), finely chopped
60 g fresh rocket leaves
1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Steam (or boil) the potatoes until tender, then mash them well.
2. In a frying pan, sauté the onion in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, until tender.
3. Break the salmon flesh into small pieces. Place the salmon in a bowl and then add the onion, the chopped herbs, the mashed potatoes, 4 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese and some salt and pepper.
4. Beat 2 eggs then add them to the mixture and stir everything well.
5. Shape some patties and roll them in a plate full of breadcrumbs, until evenly coated.
6. Place in the oven at 160° C for about 20-25 minutes with 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (or you can fry them, if you prefer).
Serve with vegetables and a sauce of your choice. Enjoy!
Crocchette di rucola e salmone (cotte al forno)
per circa 8-10 crocchette
2 filetti di salmone, 200 g (senza pelle e senza osso)
2 patate grosse farinose
1 cipolla (o 2 cipollotti), tritata finemente
60 g di foglie di rucola fresca, tritate
1 cucchiaio di prezzemolo fresco foglie, tritato finemente
4 cucchiai di parmigiano grattugiato (facoltativo)
pangrattato q. b.
olio extra vergine di oliva
sale e pepe
1. Fate cuocere le patate a vapore (o fate bollire) fin quando sono tenere, poi schiacciatele con lo schiaccia patate.
2. Fate soffriggere la cipolla con 1 cucchiaio di olio extravergine d’ oliva per qualche minuto.
3. Rompete la polpa di salmone a pezzetti con le mani. Mettete il salmone in una ciotola e poi aggiungere la cipolla, le erbe tritate, le patate schiacciate, 4 cucchiai di parmigiano grattugiato, sale e pepe.
4. Sbattete 2 uova e aggiungetele al composto. Mescolate bene il tutto.
5. Formate delle polpette grosse e schiacciate, poi passatele in un piatto con abbondante pangrattato, fino a ricoprirle uniformemente.
6. Cuocete in forno a 160 ° C per circa 20-25 minuti con abbondante olio extra vergine d’oliva (oppure potete friggerle, se preferite).
Servite con verdure e salse a piacere.
17 thoughts on “Salmon & Rocket Patties”
Just lovely Serena! 🙂
Thank you Marisa!
Hi Serena I’ve nominated you for a Beautiful Bloggers Award for your great blog and ideas. You can find out more at http://freespiritfood.net/2015/08/23/beautiful-blogger-award/
Thank you, Shanthini! It’s very kind of you X
Looks excellent Serena! 🙂
They are so simple to make, but really nice 🙂 Have a wonderful Sunday my dear X
You too Serena xx
Sounds wonderful. I love salmon patties and your photos are excellent, as always. 🙂
Thank you Richard! As I said, I love your blog! it’s always a pleasure to see what you are preparing 🙂
Beautiful Serena!! And we just had salmon for a birthday dinner here and I’m sure I have enough leftover in the fridge to try this!! Thanks for the recipe– like that the are baked, not fried. yumm.
Let me know if you do. Thank you so much darling! 🙂
Wow Serena this is so amazing! We love salmon, and we also love fish patties. So this is a PERFECT recipe for us!:)
We haven’t tried rocket with salmon before, so this is something new and we’re excited to try it!:)
Thank you so much dear!
Greetings from your neighbors,
Panos and Mirella
Thank you so much darling! 🙂 I am glad that you like the recipes… It is so simple and the rocket leaves add some flavour to the patties. I send all my love to you and gorgeous Greece ❤
You talk about breaking the salmon into small pieces.
Did you pre-cook the salmon?
Have a Joyful Day :~D
Hi Charlie! I used frozen salmon but I defrosted it and then broke it into chunks I didn’t pre-cook the fish.Of course you can also use fresh salmon. Thank you, have a wonderful day X
Thank you Serena!
You are welcome