This wonderful ‘sauce’ is so easy to make, can be prepared in advance and is a delicious refreshing summer recipe! My mum makes this sauce using a smaller quantity of tomatoes (without draining the juice from the tomatoes) and lots of Parmesan cheese, but I personally prefer a healthier version of the recipe with lots of tomatoes and no cheese.
This raw tomato sauce contains anti-oxidants, lots of fibre and is low-fat….you’ll love it!!
You could also have this sauce on a bruschetta or serve it with meat, if you prefer.
Spaghetti with raw tomato sauce.
320 g spaghetti
350 g tomatoes
2 garlic gloves
a big bunch of fresh basil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1. Wash the tomatoes and basil, then dry them using a kitchen towel.
2. Crush two garlic cloves (use a knife or a garlic press).
3. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces and let them drain for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Then mix the tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Place the sauce in the fridge for at least half an hour.
5. Cook the pasta al dente, following the instructions on the packaging, then drain.
6. Mix the pasta with the sauce and serve chilled.
Spaghetti con “salsa” di pomodoro crudo.
Per 4 persone
320 g di spaghetti
350 g di pomodori
2 spicchi d’aglio
un mazzetto grosso di basilico
2 cucchiai di aceto balsamico
olio extravergine d’oliva
sale e pepe
1. Lavate e asciugate i pomodori e il basilico.
2. Utilizzando un coltello, pressate e molto tagliate finemente due spicchi d’aglio.
3. Prendete i pomodori e tagliateli in pezzetti piccoli con il coltello, poi lasciate scolare per 10-15 minuti.
4. Mescolate i pomodori con 4 cucchiai d’ olio d’oliva, 2 cucchiai di aceto balsamico, il sale e il pepe. Mescolate ancora e mettete nel frigorifero almeno per 30 minuti.
5. Cuocete la pasta al dente e scolate.
6. Condite la pasta con il sugo e servite come piatto freddo.
16 thoughts on “Spaghetti With Raw Tomato ‘Sauce’ (Vegan/Dairy-free)”
Lovely recipe – fresh tomatoes are so good with pasta.
Thank you darling! I am making all sort of traditional pasta dishes with different tomato sauces…There are so many! I think this is one of the most interesting…
Fab recipe. One of my favourite dishes is a simple pasta with fresh tomato sauce, you can’t beat it.
Sounds wonderful Serena! Beautiful photography 🙂
A lovely delightful raw pasta sauce! I love it! 🙂 MMMM!
Thank you so much Sophie! ❤
🙂 Good night!
Love this fresh pasta Serena! I’ve made similar but never using balsamic vinegar. I’m going to try. Your tomatoes are so vibrantly red! Certainly makes a difference if you have gorgeous tomatoes such as these, right?
Hi Seana! My mum makes it with balsamic vinegar. In Southern Italy this kind of fresh tomato pasta is very popular, it really is a traditional recipe.Of course, there are some variations…Yes, using fresh ripe and sweet tomatoes is quite important for this kind of dish. I’m sure you have some beautiful tomatoes. Thank you so much darling for stopping by…Have a gorgeous weekend! XX
So bright and vibrant!! a beautiful plate of dinner, Serena. I went to a cooking class and sampled a similar sauce but it was cooked for just 10 minutes. It was yummy but I’d like to try yours!
Thank you Rhonda! There are so many different ways to make pasta with fresh tomato sauce. I think I’ve also published a few. And I like them all! Quick, easy and full of flavours! What is interesting about these recipes is that one small change in the ingredients or in the preparation method, can make a world of difference! 🙂
Your recipes always look so vibrant and fresh Serena.
What a great pasta and absolutely amazing pics Serena!!
Ahaha! Grazie Francesco! 🙂
Wir mögen es lieber wie die Mama ,mit Käse, liegt sicher am Alter 🙂
Thank you so much! Vielen Dank 🙂