If you like my photography and recipes please support the blog by following foodfulife on facebook! Thank you so much!!! XX
Salsa Verde is a great condiment which enriches dishes with a fresh and distinctive garlic-parsley flavour. It is excellent served with boiled meat, steamed fish or vegetables dishes. Salsa Verde is prepared with a few ingredients and is very fast and simple to make.
This sauce is widely used and appreciated in Italy, in fact, there are several versions of it. As usually happens with most traditional Italian dishes, the ingredients and flavours vary depending on the region or town in which they have been prepared.
It is a very tasty sauce, however, to further enrich the flavour of this wonderful sauce you can also add pine nuts, capers and olives.
Preparation: 5 minutes (+ the time to boil the eggs)
Difficulty: very easy
1 big bunch of parsley.
1 clove of garlic
1 anchovy (preserved in oil)
A little bit of soft bread (with no crust), soaked in white wine vinegar
2 hard-boiled egg yolks
100 ml of extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of very cold water
1. Mix the parsley leaves, the garlic, the egg yolks and the anchovy in a food processor, with 2 tablespoons of cold water but without the extra virgin olive oil.
2. Pour the mixture into a bowl. Add the extra virgin olive oil, season with a little salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Serve in a small bowl with fish, vegetables or meat dishes (boiled or steamed).
Tempo di preparazione: 5 minuti (+ il tempo di bollire le uova)
1 mazzetto di prezzemolo.
1 spicchio d’aglio (senza l’anima)
1 acciuga sott’olio
la mollica di un panino medio-piccolo, inzuppata nell’aceto bianco
2 tuorli d’uova sode
100 ml d’olio extra vergine d’oliva
sale e pepe macinato fresco q. b.
2 cucchiai d’acqua molto fredda
1. Tritate (utilizzando un tritatutto) le foglie di prezzemolo, i tuorli d’uova, l’acciuga e l’aglio con due cucchiai d’acqua fredda, senza aggiungere l’olio.
2. Versate il composto ottenuto in una ciotola, aggiungete l’olio extra vergine d’oliva, condite con poco sale e pepe e mescolate bene.
3. Servite la salsa in una piccola ciotola accompagnando piatti di pesce, carni o verdure bollite (o cotte a vapore).