This week we are going to prepare a light salad with salmon, oranges and rocket leaves. I love the way in which the buttery texture of salmon and the freshness of oranges work together, I think it’s a perfect match! There isn’t much I can say about it, you just have to try it!!! I added a few rocket leaves because the pungent and slightly bitter flavour of this lovely herb creates a pleasant contrast with the other ingredients, which balance the recipe nicely.
This dish is a real feel-good booster and is packed with health benefits! Salmon is considered an extremely healthy food due to the high content of protein, omega-3 fatty acid and B 6 and B 12 vitamins; while rocket not only contains plenty of vitamins but is also rich in iron… So, if you often have iron-deficiency problems like me, or you simply like healthy food (same as me, anyway!), you have plenty of reasons to enjoy this dish!
Steamed salmon with rocket, oranges and walnuts.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
for 2 servings
2 salmon steaks (250 g / 8.81 oz)
2 large oranges
50 g (1.76 oz) rocket (arugula), washed and cleaned
30 g (1.05 oz) walnuts, unshelled
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Steam the salmon steaks for about 6-8 minutes.
2. With a sharp knife, peel the oranges, completely removing the white part. Then cut them into thin slices.
3. Arrange the rocket leaves on the plate, place the slices of orange on top with the salmon in the middle.
4. Sprinkle the walnuts on the ingredients, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with some salt and plenty of black pepper.
Enjoy your meal!
Salmone con arance e rucola (cottura a vapore).
Preparazione: 15 minutes
per 2 persone
2 filetti di salmone (250 g)
2 arance grosse
50 g rucola, lavata e pulita
30 g di noci, senza guscio
olio extra vergine d’oliva
sale e pepe q b
1. Cuocete a vapore i due filetti di salmone per 6-8 minuti.
2. Con un coltello molto affilato, sbucciate due arance togliendo completamente anche la parte bianca.
3. Sistemate le foglie di rucola sulla base del piatto, ricoprite con le fette d’arancia e appoggiate al centro il filetto di salmone.
4. Distribuite le noci sopra gli ingredienti, condite con olio extra vergine d’oliva, un po’ di sale e pepe in abbondanza.