A very traditional recipe! 🙂
I have to admit that this recipe comes from my mother’s favourite dishes. She was enthusiastic about this dish and as soon as I tasted it I could see why… Not only is it a delicious and tasty soup, but it’s also a recipe that anyone can make and with ingredients that are cheap and everyone has in the kitchen pantry.
For this dish I used ditaloni, which is a short pasta often used in soups in Italy. If you don’t find this particular kind of pasta you can replace it with some broken spaghetti (make them two-three centimetres long). You can also add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese to add some flavour and protein, however this soup is so tasty that you don’t really need to add any additional ingredients to flavour it…It is delicious!!!
Chickpea and potato soup with rosemary.
Preparation and cooking time: about 30 minutes
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
3 sprigs of rosemary
2 cans of chickpeas
Vegetable stock made with organic vegetable stock cubes
2 large potatoes, washed, peeled and diced
220 g of ditaloni
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Sauté the chopped onion with 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, after a few minutes add the chopped garlic.
2. When the onion is soft and transparent, add the chickpeas with the diced potatoes and the rosemary sprigs. Cover with vegetable stock and simmer for about 20-25 minutes. Stir quite often during the cooking time.
3. Cook the pasta separately and then drain when is al dente.
4. When the soup is ready remove the rosemary, then add the pasta and serve.
Zuppa di ceci e patate al rosmarino.
Tempo di preparazione e cottura: 30 minuti circa
Per 4 persone
2 spicchi d’aglio
3 mazzetti di rosmarino
2 scatole di ceci
Brodo fatto con due dadi vegetali biologici
2 patate grosse, lavate, pelate tagliate a pezzetti
220 g di ditaloni
3 cucchiai olio extra vergine d’oliva
1. Fate soffriggere la cipolla tritata con tre cucchiai d’olio extra vergine d’oliva, dopo qualche minuto aggiungete l’aglio tritato.
2. Quando la cipolla sarà diventata morbida e trasparente, aggiungete i ceci, le patate e 3 rametti rosmarino. Ricoprite con del brodo vegetale e fate cuocere per 20-25 minuti, mescolando abbastanza spesso.
3. A parte cuocete la pasta, poi scolatela quando è al dente.
4. Quando la minestra è pronta togliete i rametti di rosmarino, poi aggiungete la pasta e servite.