A crunchy pizza base, topped with fresh Piccadilly tomatoes, some rocket leaves and Parmesan cheese…
An easy recipe, perfect for this season!
Pizza with tomatoes, rocket and Parmesan cheese.
for 2 large pizzas
Buy 2 ready made pizza bases or follow this recipe
For the pizza toppings
2 fresh mozzarellas (or you can use stracchino)
300 g Piccadilly tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
60 g rocket leaves (arugula)
50 g Parmesan cheese (thin slices)
Extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash and dry the rocket leaves and the tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes in half.
2. Using a rolling pin, roll out the pizza dough and make two large pizza bases.
3. Bake the pizza bases at 200 ° C (392°F) until they are crunchy (I am using a use a pizza stone, but you can use a baking tray greased with olive oil).
4. Add the mozzarella cheese and put the bases back in oven for a few minutes, to melt the cheese.
5. Turn off the oven and garnish your pizzas. Place the tomatoes, the rocket leaves and Parmesan cheese onto the pizza bases, then season with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
Pizza con pomodorini freschi, rucola e parmigiano.
Per 2 pizze grandi
Per fare due basi per la pizza seguite questa ricetta
Per guarnire le pizze
2 mozzarelle (oppure stracchino)
300 g di pomodorini Piccadilly
60 g di rucola
50 g di scaglie di Parmigiano Reggiano
olio extra vergine d’oliva
sale e pepe q. b.
1. Lavate e asciugate la rucola e i pomodorini, poi tagliate i pomodorini a metà.
2. Stendete la pasta con un matterello.
3. Infornate le basi della pizza a 200° C (uso una pietra per la cottura della pizza, ma potete usare una teglia unta). Fate cuocere fino ad ottenere una pasta croccante.
4. Aggiungete la mozzarella e infornate ancora per qualche minuto, per far sciogliere il formaggio.
5. Sfornate le pizze e spegnete il forno. Disponete i pomodorini, la rucola e il parmigiano sulle pizze, poi condite con abbondante olio extra vergine d’oliva, sale e pepe.
17 thoughts on “Home-Made Pizza With Tomatoes, Rocket and Parmesan Cheese”
Colourful and delish. …
Thank you X
I love the idea of keeping your toppings fresh, not cooked! This is such a lovely pizza, I would love this.
Hi Seana! This kind of pizza topping is quite popular over here, especially in the summer, because is fresh, juicy and not too hot.
Serena, Everything you make is so colorful and beautiful. Your photos are just as beautiful!
Fae, thank you so much for your kind words! You always make so many beautiful recipes…Coming from you these words are very important to me! 🙂
I love crunchy pizza! it looks great and I’m sure it tastes the same 😛 beautiful photos too!! I liked your facebook page (:
Hi, nice to meet you! Thank you for stopping by! 🙂 I the North of Italy we love thin crunchy pizzas! 🙂
Bella questa pizza!
Grazie cara! 🙂
So tasty and tempting as always Serena 🙂 Your photos are always stunning! Have a superb weekend 🙂
Wow Linda! Thank you!! Have a wonderful weekend break! X
Who knew pizza could be so pretty! We have cherry tomatoes in the yard right now– should try this!!
Wow you are making me hungry right now, this pizza is my kind of food! Love the colours! 🙂
hahaha! Come and have dinner with me and I’ll bake it for you! 🙂
Lol, I would love to! 🙂