This pear and gorgonzola risotto is definitely another highly addictive dish!….One of those dishes that you just can’t stop eating, even when you have picked up the last grain of rice and swept up the all the traces of what was left on the plate with a spoon!
A truly delicious risotto, where the flavours blends perfectly together and the consistency is perfectly creamy and yet quite “light”. In fact, there is no need to add any oil or butter, because the cheese already does the job!
1. For the preparation of this dish you’ll need quite a good quantity of pepper and salt to balance out the flavours and sweetness of the pears.
2. It is important to keep the vegetable broth quite warm during the whole cooking process, in this way the rice won’t stop cooking when you add the broth to the risotto.
3. Always get the best quality ingredients when making a risotto! For this dish I used the best quality of fresh Gorgonzola, sweet, tangy and so creamy that it literally melts in the mouth.
Pear and gorgonzola risotto.
Preparation and cooking time: 25 minutes
320 g risotto rice (Carnaroli or Arborio)
3 kaiser pears (or any pear suitable for cooking)
200 g good quality Gorgonzola cheese, cut into small pieces
80 g of Grana Padano cheese
salt to taste
plenty of ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
1 litre of hot vegetable stock (I used an organic cube stock, without glutamate)
1. Peel and clean the pears, then cut the fruit into little pieces.
2. Toast the rice grains in a pan (without any oil or butter) for a few minutes.
3. Add the pieces of fruit with two ladles of broth and let shimmer over a low heat.
4. Once the liquid has almost completely evaporated, add more broth and let evaporate again, then continue this process until the rice is cooked (the rice will take about 18-20 minutes to cook).
5. When the rice is properly cooked, add 200 g of Gorgonzola cheese, 80 g of Grana Padano, salt and pepper. Mix well.
6. Mix well, then cover the pan with a lid and let sit for a few minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
At the end of the cooking process the risotto should be very creamy, however it might thicken a little when you add the cheeses (see step 5). It’s ok, you can solve this problem by adding one or two ladles of warm vegetable broth to the risotto, which will make it creamier.
Risotto alle pere e gorgonzola
Tempo di preparazione e cottura: 25 minuti
Per 4 persone
320 g di riso da risotto (Carnaroli o Arborio)
3 pere kaiser (o altre pere adatte alla cottura)
200 g di gorgonzola di buona qualità, tagliato a cubetti piccoli
1 litro di brodo vegetale caldo (uso del dado biologico senza glutammato)
80 g di Grana Padano
prezzemolo fresco tritato molto finemente (facoltativo)
sale q. b.
pepe a volontà
1. Pelate e pulite le pere, poi tagliate la polpa a pezzi piccoli.
2. Fate tostare i chicchi di riso in una pentola (senza olio o burro) per qualche minuto.
3. Unite la polpa delle pere con due mestoli di brodo al riso. Mescolate e lasciate evaporare il liquido a fuoco molto basso.
4. Aggiungete gradualmente altro brodo e fate evaporare, continuando così per tutto il tempo di cottura (il risotto cuoce in 18-20 minuti).
5. A cottura terminata, aggiungete 200 g di Gorgonzola, 80 g di Grana grattugiato, sale e tanto pepe.
6. Mescolate bene, coprite la pentola con un coperchio e lasciate mantecare per qualche minuto. Aggiungete del prezzemolo tritato finemente e servite.
Se a fine cottura il risotto dovesse risultare poco cremoso, aggiungete un po’ di brodo caldo, quindi mescolate e fate mantecare.
12 thoughts on “Pear And Gorgonzola Risotto (no oil, no butter)”
FINALLY! I’ve been drooling at your pear pictures all week 🙂 I adore risotto and am always looking for new things to do with it… this sounds so delicious and completely new and different! Thank you!
I am glad that you like the recipe, Cristina! Give it a try and let me know….Pear and gorgonzola are really delicious together!!! 🙂
Risotto is, by far, one of my favourite dishes. This sounds delicious !
Thank you Natalie! Risotto is such a versatile and simple dish! You can be very creative with it. In this recipe I used pear and gorgonzola as basic flavour combination, because I wanted to make something a little bit special. I hope you enjoy it XX
Love the combination of pear and Gorgonzola. Great idea, to add them to risotto. Looks great! 🙂
Thank you so much Ronit! 🙂 The result is quite light, so tasty and creamy! In Italy, we have many dishes with pear and gorgonzola, they are delicious together…
Oh la la! Pear and cheese together is a match made in heaven!! 😀
hehehe!…Yes, it is!
interesting recipe, gonna try this a.s.a.p..
not famiiar with me, but i’m gonna come back for a review…
Hi dentist chef! 🙂 Please, give it a try and let me know. If you like sweet-savoury dishes you’ll enjoy it 🙂
I made your delicious risotto yesterday evening! My husband Peter & I loved it so much! xxx
I never have combined pears with gorgonzola before & it really worked! 🙂 x
You are a star Sophie!! I am so glad that you liked! :-)))