Spring is here and with it comes the time of serious dieting! From this week on I want to dedicate a little time to preparing light recipes and meals.
To start with, I prepared a beautiful and super-healthy salad with only a little amount of calories, but full of crunchy flavours!
This salad can definitely be a very satisfying low-cal lunch, low in fat and carb, but rich in fibres, potassium, protein and vitamin C.
As a side dish, it goes well with several courses and you can serve it with feta cheese, if you prefer a richer kind of salad.
If I were to imagine this salad as a dress, it would be a feel-good garment made of a strong natural fibre, with a very cheerful but elegant floral pattern. Suitable for mid-season, with a comfortable slimming line. Definitely a perfect fit!… I know, It’s just a salad! 🙂
Corn salad with red cabbage, fava beans and apples.
Preparation: 15 minutes
For 2 servings
60 g (2 oz) corn salad (or lamb’s lettuce)
a handful of almonds, shelled
50 g (1.76 oz) fresh fava beans (with the pods removed)
2 small apples, washed
130 g (4.58 oz) red cabbage
the juice of 1/2 a lemon
salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to taste
1. Wash, and clean and dry the corn salad.
2. Wash, and slice the cabbage finely and arrange it on the plates.
3. Place the fava beans over the cabbage, then add the salad leaves.
4. Cut and marinate the apples in the juice of half a lemon for a few minutes. Then, mix the apples and the almonds with the salad (breaking some almonds into pieces).
5. Season with plenty of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
Insalata croccante con cavolo rosso, fave e valerianella.
Per 2 persone
60 g di valerianella
una manciata di mandorle sgusciate
50 g di fave fresche, senza scorza
2 mele, lavate
130 g di cavolo rosso
il succo di mezzo limone
sale e pepe q.b.
4 cucchiai di olio extravergine d’oliva q.b.
1. Lavate e asciugate la valerianella.
2. Lavate il cavolo e tagliatelo finemente. Sistematelo sul fondo dei piatti.
3. Aggiungete le fave, posizionatele sopra il cavolo con la valerianella.
4. Aggiungete le mandorle (sbriciolandone solo alcune) con le mele tagliate a pezzetti e precedentemente marinate nel succo di mezzo limone per qualche minuto.
5. Condite con abbondante olio extra vergine d’oliva, sale e pepe.